Yes, it has been an interesting day ... and it's only 3:30. Needless to say, I'm not going anywhere for the rest of the day. :o) Sorry, this is a bit of a long post ...
As we were coming home from church this morning, I got into a bit of a fenderbender. I am still sticking to idea that it was not my fault, although the guy that I hit was convinced it was my fault. It happened when we were almost home - on our road off of the main road (for those who are familiar with this area). There is a corner where it is quite hard to see if someone is coming as it is a corner, and also quite a hill, so you can't really see well who is coming from below. Anyway, this guy was coming up, and was about to go down, and there we hit. I think he was definitely on my half of the road, as other people were still able to pass him after our little bump. He is convinced it was me who was on his side. Hmmm ... I don't think so! Certainly noone was able to pass me on my side, which means I was pretty far over. I don't know. I think we were probably both at fault to some degree ... although I do think more him. But, whatever. It doesn't matter anymore. Immediately after it happened, I called home and asked James to come meet me, as I didn't even really want to start talking to the guy. I figured James would do a much better job at it. So, James came, and shortly after, a cop came too. Yikes! It wasn't that big an accident! :o) So, the cop takes both of our drivers licenses, and also our vehicle registrations, and tells us we need to go to the police station. Okay ... can't argue with a police, who has your papers! So, I went home, dropped off my passengers, and headed back up to the police station with James. We discussed what happened, and after it all, the guy said he was okay with just fixing his own vehicle if I was okay with fixing my own. Yup, no problem there! He became much more friendly after a while. At first, I wasn't sure where things would go because he seemed quite upset. After our discussion in front of the cop, I reached out to shake his hand, and he leaned over for a kiss, so I knew everything was fine. Gave him a friendly kiss on the cheak, and we were good to go ... except for the fact that the actual cop who had our stuff, still hadn't come back (we had our whole discussion in front of another cop). So, we just had to wait around for this cop. He finally came, and called us both into another little office. I wasn't too impressed because we had already settled things, and now he wanted another statement. So, I gave another statement of what happened. He seemed to think it was my fault, which I did not agree with. Whatever, the other guy had already said he was fine with fixing his car. So, it didn't really matter what the cop said. The cop had to write down our drivers numbers and registration numbers, and then we could leave. However, meanwhile, we all got to talking. When the cop asked where I lived, I told him, and he didn't think he knew about our orphanage. He said he would like to visit it someday, and I said, sure, come visit! (gotta be friendly to the cops!) So, we left it at that, and James and I left.
WELL ... about an hour after we got home, there's a ring at the door. I immediately thought, "they wouldn't come that fast, would they???" Well, next thing I knew, one of our staff comes and finds me, and says that there are 2 cops outside the gate waiting for me. Yikes!!! So, I ran up and got James, and also talked to Dixie, asking her if it was alright to let them in. She said if they wanted a tour, then they should back tomorrow when Magalie (our head nurse and Haitian administrator) is here, and she can do it. So, James asked them what they wanted, and they said no, they just wanted to see me. So, I went outside and talked to them. What a joke. James was convinced they were just coming to hit on me. Oh, how funny! So, we talked awhile, and then James said they could come back tomorrow, and they said, no, that was okay. They were fine now. Anyway, I figured here was my chance, so I asked James if he thought I could get a picture with them. James laughed, and then asked. They were like, "our pleasure!" So, I went and got my camera. Not too often you get your picture taken with 2 police officers! I thought after I should have got them to be putting handcuffs on me or holding out their gun for a more real affect, but this will have to do. And ya, I'm not sure what the big smile is all about. I sure look happy with these guys!
Anyway, my little accident this morning has resulted in my becoming buddy-buddies with 2 cops. I was joking with John and Dixie that we should be well protected now! If we have any problems, I know who to go to! Afterall, I've just received my first personal visit by 2 cops. Ha-ha.

3 comments:
Oh LaDawn, you seem to know what to do to get people's attention :) Just teasing... makes for a pretty cute pic. Put that one beside the photo of you holding the gun, and you're ready for missions nite sometime!
I was just thinking that I really like the one with you and Laurie and the AK 47's better.
Tom
LaDawn, I've been waiting for the entry on the GLA dogs so that I could make my comment, but I guess you've been busy with other stuff! So I'll have to comment on Junior and whatever the other guy's name was...but I really wanna comment on the dogs!! Nicky is a hairball waiting to be coughed up, Abby will probably die the next time she coughs and Penny, well Penny just scares me. I haven't been scared of a dog for a very long time! Tee-hee!
Post a Comment