Hi all from Manitoba! I got home late Thursday night ... okay, so my family would be quick to remind me that it was actually early Friday morning. Anyway, I am home again. Leaving this time was definitely not as hard as leaving in June; however, it was still definitely with mixed emotions that I left. I am eager to start the next chapter of my life; however, leaving Haiti is always hard as it really does feel like home when I'm there. Everything just seems to "normal". Nothing really seems to surprise me out there, and everywhere I look, everything just looks "right". It is always a good reminder when I drive around with new visitors in Haiti that much of what you see on the streets, in the neighborhood, etc is not "normal" in North America or Europe. One just gets so used to everything being the way it is. Yes, even the craziness of the roads, being the only "blanc" (foreigner) somewhere, and only hearing a different language, all become "normal", and make you feel like you're right at home. And, this is the country that I miss dearly, and spend so much time thinking about. It will always be a "home" with many, many fond memories! A "home" where my heart will always be.
However, after saying all that, I really am looking forward to moving on. I am excited about what the future holds ... only a bit impatient for it to start! From the reports that I'm hearing from Bethany, it sounds like it shouldn't be too much longer before I can move to Michigan. I am certainly getting very excited! I'm ready!!! Yes, there is a lot of uncertainly as I could still be rejected at the US border to enter the country to work; however, when I do get worried and let stress kick in, I have to remind myself that throughout the past few months, I have really felt that God was leading me to Bethany, and that Bethany is where I'm supposed to be, and so I really have to have faith that He will get me there. I need to give the whole situation to Him, and let Him do His work!
I will try to post a few pictures in the next few days. My computer here at home is really ancient, and everything takes super long. So, when I have more time (sometime when it is NOT after midnight), I will try to post a few. I definitely got a lot of great shots while I was back in Haiti. I tell you, you just can't find many children cuter than those at GLA!
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LaDawn! So glad that you made it home safely! I wanted to agree with your comment at the end, they are thte cutest children aren't they?
hi LaDawn,
i'm glad that you made home to
come you beck to haiti next year?
i looking forward to see my little princess again, also Molly, Joyce, Dixie and the rest of the family
i arrival in haiti on saturday 11 january and leave haiti on thursday the 13 february
loves, from belgium
greet, roxane, kenley and Johny
Post a Comment