Saturday, December 15, 2007

Three weeks and counting ...

Wow, as of yesterday, I have been here for 3 weeks! Time sure is flying! Work is going well. I am finally feeling like I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and do not have to wait for others to tell me what to do next. I've been able to send off a couple dossiers to Haiti, which, of course, is really exciting for me! As well, I've been answering a lot of emails specific to the Haiti program, and it feels so good to know the answers to questions that people are asking! As well, this past week, I got my first introduction to Guatemalan adoptions as well. I will not be the main admin. assistant for that program; however, I will be taking on a few responsibilities for that program too. However, for now, Haiti will remain my main country that I'm working with.

I am still staying with the Vanderwell's. They have been so hospitable and kind to me! It has been so great to have a family to come home to at the end of a day of work to be able to tell all about my day ... especially now at the beginning when I feel I have more to talk about! I have been, however, looking around for an apartment. After seeing many apartments, there are two that I am leaning towards. One is on the SE side of Grand Rapids, and the other on the NE side. Both are really nice apartment complexes, and both would be fairly even distance to work. So, I will need to make up my mind soon!

For those who have been asking, I will not be spending Christmas in Manitoba this year. If it weren't for the fact that I was just at home a month ago, yes, I would likely fly home. However, because I was just at home, and because I don't have any holiday time yet, it is quite expensive only for a long weekend. The 26th is not a holiday here in the States, and so I would be flying back on the 25th already. So, this year, I will be celebrating Christmas in Michigan (it will likely be warmer anyway! :o)

Thank you to those that have been praying for me. I really appreciate it! The first 3 weeks have been good, and hopefully that continues!

No comments: