Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Big Catch


This weekend, Mark and I headed up North to his parents' place. It was the opening weekend for bass fishing, and so Mark was very excited about fishing. There are a few lakes within a 15-20 minute drive and so Mark and his dad would go for a few hours in the morning and then again for a few hours in the afternoon. I went with Mark and his dad Saturday night, and then again with Mark on Sunday night. Sunday night neither of us caught anything; however, Saturday night was a more successful night. The picture above is of me with my catch - a 17 inch bass. I was quite proud of myself - both for catching the fish, and then for holding it. :o)

4 comments:

Pat Plett said...

LaDawn! That is a neat picture! You holding that fish! WOW! I cannot imagine doing that! Looks like you are having fun!
~ Pat

LaDawn said...

Ya ... I wasn't so sure at first about actually holding the fish from the mouth for the picture. However, after enough encouragement from Mark and his dad, I finally did it! :o)

TM Barkman said...

Lookin' like a true outdoors woman! Next thing we know, you'll be wearing those thigh-high rubber boots and a beige hat with lures on it for your fishing trips. :) Truly, it does look like fun. You going to be in Canada this summer??

LaDawn said...

Yes, Blumenort is in the plans. Actually just bought my ticket tonite. I'll be home for graduation.