Okay ... so I'm just a little frustrated. I've been trying since Sunday to get some pictures posted to this entry, but for some reason, I keep getting an error message. I've tried a bunch of different things, but all without any luck. So, I will now just give up, and just send the entry. I'm really sad about that though, cuz I had some pictures I really wanted to add. Oh well ...
Yesterday, I did some touristy stuff with Alicia. Saturdays are usually a bit more laid back sort of days, so we got a bit of a later start. Alicia and I ended up taking our own vehicle because we were doing a bit different things than the other volunteers. However, we started out at the same place. We first went to Boutelier, which is a very small town that has an amazing view of Port-au-Prince. We took in the view, and then did a bit of street shopping their. Then, we split ways. Molly took the other volunteers further up the mountain, and Alicia and I headed down to Petion-Ville. In Petion-ville, we went to a grocery store so Alicia could buy some snacky-type foods, and then we went to a nice gift shop called Galata. A bit more pricey there than on the street, but it has some really neat stuff in it too. Then, we headed to the "square" to do some street shopping. Always a fun time. Some people do NOT like bartering and the like, but to me it's all a game. I quite enjoy myself. After doing some shopping, we headed back up the mountain to the Baptist Mission where the other volunteers were doing some shopping, and having lunch. We had agreed earlier that we would all meet up here. Alicia and I had already been to the Mission last Saturday, so I thought rather than her having to go to the same place again, I would bring her down to Petion-ville instead. By the time we got back home, it was mid-afternoon.
It is always nice to get out and do something different. For me, as long as I am here at home, I tend to work. So, I think it is pretty important that I actually leave the premises to get a break. It was a lot of fun! Once again, I really am enjoying having Alicia here.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment