Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yes, I am still alive!

At last, I'm back to posting. I can finally post pictures again, so I figured I would make up for lost time. I figure 4 postings in one day is pretty good, eh? I will try to be a bit more faithful with updating my blog in the future. I have had a very crazy past 3 1/2 weeks (ever since I got back), and expect this next week to be really busy too, but then I think things will get back to normal. I sure hope anyway. This week, I am going to be sending out 67 updates to adoptive parents. Sending out updates is something I do each month, and so seeing as in July, all that parents got was pictures, I have to make sure this month's are extra good to make up for the lack of information last month. In each update, I send 4 or 5 pictures, current weight and height, and some new information about the child - developmental information, cute stories, etc. The updates are a great way for parents to get to know their children before actually meeting them.

Oh, some other exciting news ... well, for me it's exciting, might not be so exciting for you ... I drove to the airport for the first time this past week. And, it wasn't scary at all! I have no idea why I've been putting it off for so long.

As far as adoption news - last week, we had a mother from Canada (and her two mothers) come to pick up her daughter. Right now, we have a father from the States (and his mother) here picking up his 2 sons. Then tomorrow, we have a mother coming from France to pick up her daughter. Things are constantly moving around here!!! So exciting to see the families able to leave with their children!

I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on driving to the airport LaDawn!!! I knew you could do it! I had great confidence in you, especially after you got us to church!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Glad you're still alive!! Enjoyed all the pictures and news. Good for you - driving to the airport!! I'll continue to be amazed at your driving ability in those conditions! Enjoy doing your up-dates.