Monday, March 19, 2007

Can't always only have good days ...


This morning was an extremely difficult morning for me, and I am still struggling with sadness, fear, and anger from it. However, at the same time, I know that the situation is out of our hands, and in the hands of the Lord at this time. So, what am I talking about? Well, this morning I had to say good-bye to one of my very special little sweethearts. A couple months ago, I told you about a set of twins who came in, and how the one was so much smaller than the other. Throughout the past two months, I have become very attached to this smaller twin. Well, this morning, the mother of these two came to the orphanage, and wanted the girls back. There was really nothing we could do but give the girls back. We did take the mother back up to Kenscoff to see the Judge, and revoke her relinqueshment that she had originally signed. Magalie, our head nurse, as well as Dixie talked to the mother, and asked her to please reconsider, and think about what was best for the girls. The smaller twin was doing so well now, and had already doubled her weight from when she arrived; however, she is still just a tiny little thing. And, last week, she had a fever pretty much every day. What will the mother do with her when she is sick? And, obviously she was not able to care for her earlier, what makes her think she can now??? Yes, I am really struggling with this. Obviously yes, if the mother can provide for the girls, they are much better off being with their biological family, but I am just so afraid that she cannot provide for them ... and what will happen to "my baby"??? I am so scared she will die ...


So, as you can tell, there is a lot going through my head right now. As my sister reminded me earlier, I cannot just think pesimistically. God is afterall in control, and He can do anything. So, I need to have faith that He will watch out for my little sweetheart. It is just so hard ...


Please join me in praying for these two little girls. Pray for their health, pray for their mother; pray that they will be well provided for. And, if you still want to pray more, if you could pray for me too, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh LaDawn, this is just so sad!! I hope and pray the mom will be able to provide and give the girls what they need. From a month ago, I can tell the little one has really put on weight and looks much better. I can understand all of your concerns!! I will join you in prayer. Continue to enjoy the time with your parents and sister. (I am just a bit jealous, actually 'a bit' is an understatement))

Anonymous said...

Oh LeDawn,
Roseline was also my sweetheart! I just loved her smile. If I could have taken a child back to Michigan with me, it would have been Roseline! You have my prayers and I can feel your concerns for these two sweet girls.
Love, Sandy

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying LaDawn, that's got to be so hard. She does look so much better than the first pictures you posted of her.
Praying for both of the girls, and for you.
Kristin