When I was home for Christmas, I mentioned to some of you that I was likely going to be leaving GLA in June, after my 2 year mark. I wasn't completely sure yet at that point, but it was something that I was really praying about a lot! Well, about a month ago, I finally made the decision - a decision that I feel very at peace about. I really feel the Lord is calling me elsewhere. Was it an easy decision? Definitely NOT! Probably the hardest decision I have made in my life so far. Haiti and GLA feel very, very much like home for me, and so leaving here will be extremely difficult for me. But, I know that the Lord has something great in store for me. Now, I just need to be patient and wait for Him to reveal those plans to me. I would love to stay involved in adoptions in some way, so we will see if that will work out somehow - possibly at an international adoption agency?
It was very hard for me to do, but I informed Dixie of my decision on Tuesday. It was not an easy topic to bring up. However, our talk went much better than I had expected, and now I feel so much better that it is out in the open. Makes it a lot easier to start planning for after June.
If you could pray for me as I prepare to leave in June, I would really appreciate it. Like I said, it will be very, very hard for me to leave. Good-byes are never easy for me ... and leaving here means a lot of good-byes! Leaving the children behind will not be easy! I really don't know how I will do it. So, your prayers would be greatly appreciated! If you could also pray for GLA, that would be great. Please pray that a replacement for me will be found quickly. There is no way Dixie can take on what I all do, and so someone will have to be found before I leave.
Thanks so much for your prayers and support!
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
LaDawn, I'm glad that informing GLA went better than you expected. God bless you in the next few months!
What a hard decision! Looking forward to whatever is next for you. I'll miss hearling about your kids.
I'll definitely be praying for you as you continue to make plans for the next part of your life, and that a replacement can be found for you. I hope you are still in June for at least a few days while Mom and I come:)
Kristin
LaDawn! It's Tara. I don't know if you would remember me because a lot of people come in and out of there. But I am sad to hear you are leaving GLA but happy that God has called you somewhere else. I have a question... what kind of schooling did you go through to do what you do at GLA? or did you just kind of get put there? If you wouldn't mind emailing me at Pooh2234@aol.com i'd REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!
Post a Comment