Monday, June 25, 2007

Home ... sort of ...

Hi all! I'm gonna make this quick as it is late, and I'm super tired. Just wanted to give you a quick recap of the past 5 days. I left GLA on Thursday morning, and got into Ft. Lauderdale in the afternoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale till Saturday morning. I figured it would be great to have some R&R time before heading home - some time to sort out my emotions, etc, and I also wanted to hang out with my friend Claude for a bit. And, both of these two got accomplished. I had a great day and half in Ft. Lauderdale. Did a lot of vegging, which was SO great! And, I got to hang out with Claude, which was really good too.

Left Ft. Lauderdale Saturday morning, and arrived in Winnipeg around 5:30. My parents met me at the airport, and then we went out for supper together. Made it to my actual house around 8:15. My sisters both stopped by to say hi, as did Alicia, Pam, and Lori. Great to see everyone!

Sunday, went to church in the morning, and got to see many people! Then, in the afternoon, went to my nephew, Steffan's, high school grad. Wow, I feel old having a nephew who has now graduated from high school! In the evening, my sister invited us for a grad celebration. Got home around 10:30.

Today, Monday - zipped into town in the morning to do a bit of business, and then left at lunch for the airport. Now, I am in Michigan. Tomorrow, I am meeting with an adoption agency. Then, in the evening, I am heading to my brother and sister-in-law's, and then driving back home to Manitoba with them on Thursday morning.

So, as you can tell, I really have not spent very many hours at home. Nothing like packing a suitcase while still having 3 suitcases on the floor that still need to be unpacked. Crazy or what! But, I am home from Haiti, and am in North America.

I am hoping to do some email catch up once I get back home. I have been so grateful to all of you that have written me in the last while! Thank you so much. Once I am home, and have a chance to actually sit down at my computer for more than 10 seconds, I will start responding to emails, I promise!

I will also be posting some pictures, and giving you a bit more of an idea how my last days in Haiti went ... all when I get home. Please be patient with me! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ladawn! wow, i can't believe you're actually home... crazy... are you hoping to get a job with an adoption agency in michigan?? that would be sweet!!! i don't know if i would do well at adjusting to regular life after an extended stay in haiti... i'm sure you'll do well though :D it sounds like you're already getting right back in the swing of things! i would love to hear from you when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

hi LaDawn
how are you there in Canada
our gladay was a great success
i go back next year as volunteer in januari
loves from belgium
greet,