Thursday, June 07, 2007

Praise, Prayer, and Apology ...

Yup, I'm combining 3 blogs in one. I figure I really don't have all that much to say about each, and I thought I could lump them all together.

PRAISE - Léa, my replacement is here for 2 weeks being trained. It has been great to already cover a lot of ground with her. This really is a job that you just have to jump in; you pretty much learn as you go. We've already had a number of things come up, so we've gotten to do a variety of things already. She is a very quick learner, and so it definitely doesn't take her long to figure out things! Definitely makes my job easier. She is a great person, and I have no concerns at all about her taking over my job. I know that the children will be very well looked after!

PRAYER - A few prayer requests here. First, that Léa and I will get everything covered that we need to. There is definitely a lot of stuff that I do, and so although we've already done a lot, there is still a lot we need to cover. Pray that we will get most of the stuff covered before next Friday when she leaves. (She is going back home for 3 weeks to finish things up at home. We just wanted to get her here while I am still here so that I can train her.) Secondly, please pray for Nathalie and I. We are both feeling pretty miserable. I think Nathalie is on the mend; however, she is definitely still not 100%. She has been running a fever since Saturday. As well, she is coughing tons!!! The other night, I figure she got about 5 hours of sleep, and I got 3 because of her coughing. And now, I think I have what Nathalie had. Today has not been a good day for me at all. I have been having a fever all day, and everything just hurts - my eyes, my skin, my muscles, my scalp, etc, etc, etc. Please pray that this would pass quickly, as I cannot afford to be sick. I have SO much I need to do before I leave in 2 weeks. And, that brings me to my third prayer request. Yes, I am leaving GLA in 2 weeks! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by! It seems like just a few weeks ago that I gave my notice to Dixie, and it has actually been 4 months! Crazy! Leaving will NOT be easy. I have already had a couple melt-downs, and know there are likely many more to come. This place is home, and it has been an amazing 2 years. Saying good-bye to the children (especially little Nathalie), the staff, the volunteers, the country, and everything about my life here will be so very, very hard! Yes, I am excited about beginning the next chapter of my life, but a piece of my heart will always be here in Haiti!

APOLOGY - Many of you have been emailing, and also did email a while back, and are probably waiting for a response. I have been super, super busy, and so sending emails has, unfortunately, not been a priority. I am so sorry. Please know that I appreciate you all SO much, and LOVE getting every email that you send. I definitely read them all, just don't get a chance to respond to all of them. I am always very excited when I see the "new mail" icon at the bottom of my computer. I will certainly try to respond to your emails before I get home; however, I know that it will not be possible to respond to all of you. I am very excited about seeing all of you, and hope that when we talk in person, that will make up for not getting emails from me. Again, I apologize! I do love you all a lot! I have the most supportive family and friends, and I value you all SO much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you LaDawn! That stinks that you're sick...:( I can't wait to get to see you again and I'm excited that I'll be able to meet Lea later too!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Ladawn, I love you! No worries on not returning emails...I have seen your massive stack of work in your office and I can't imagine how crazy it must be right now!! I do not envy your position right now when you have to say good bye to everything and everyone there in Haiti. I hope you can enjoy all your last moments in HAiti and just continue to trust God that He knows what He is doing in your life and that He will give you the peace you need!! God Bless you Ladawn!!

-Trish

Patricia said...

Hi LaDawn,

I wish you very good luck, about ten days you will leave GLA, and that seems difficult for you.

Maybe you will make a photo of Morvens and you, so we can show this picture lately, when Morvens is growing up. We want to tell Morvens about you.

LaDawn, thanks for everthing!!

Greetings from

Johanna and Josephus from Holland
Becomming parents of Morvens

Patricia said...

Dear LaDawn,

We have just receive a photo of Morvens and you, we are so GLAD!!!!! Thank you, Thank you.

We will tell him, who you are.

Good luck.

Greetings from the Netherlands
Johanna and Josephus (Morvens)