Friday, May 26, 2006

Life-long Friends





One of the very exciting parts about being here is meeting such a variety of people! There are always people coming and going. Right now, we don't have a lot of volunteers, but come summer, that should change, as summer is when we get students who are on their summer vacation. Most of our volunteers come from Canada and the States. We have had volunteers from France and England too since I've been here. And, we get volunteers of all ages, which is awesome! Some come for 2 weeks, others for 3+ months! It doesn't matter how long people come; they are always a great help!!! These pictures just give you a bit of an idea who some of the people are who have come to help at GLA - whose friendships I will treasure forever! Some of the full-timers who I need to mention because I have probably mentioned them before, are Laurie (in the middle picture, the girl with the orange tanktop), and Molly (in the bottom picture in the red shirt). Unfortunately, I don't have a really good picture of Joyce - she's another full-timer. Laurie is my office partner. She is John and Dixie's daughter, and does all the bookkeeping. Molly is the one who I was supposed to replace, who ended up coming back a few months later. She is in charge of the toddler house, and does an AMAZING job there! Joyce teaches English classes to the children who are being adopted to Canada and the States. Oh, and I should mention too, Dixie is in the top picture, in the top row, right on the end with the orange shirt. She's the director of GLA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like my comments. Although I feel like I never know what to write. Did Molly cut her bangs or something? I would not have recognized her if you hadn't mentioned who she was.

Anonymous said...

Ladawn, I love you and miss you. I made it on your blog!!! Yeah!!! GLA Rocks! Have a great day!!! - Trish -