Sunday, July 16, 2006

At HOME!!!

Hello from Canada! Yup, I'm home! I got home on Wednesday, and will be here for 3 weeks - leaving on the 1st of August. It is so great to be home. It was the strangest thing though ... as we were driving home from the airport, I told my family, "It feels like I was never gone!" How is it possible that after being gone over a year, I feel like everything is "normal" at home? I think though, that it makes a HUGE difference that I know I'm going back in 3 weeks. Now I'm not going through all the sad feelings of missing the kids (although I do miss some ... but know I'll see them soon again), and wishing I was back in Haiti. I really think it would be MUCH harder if that was the case. But, I know that this is just a visit, and I'll be back before I know it!

I likely will not post much (or anything) while I'm at home. But, I'll be back when I get back to Haiti.

Oh ya, one more thing, some of you have asked me whatever came of the truck and container. WELL ... it's another long story, but I'll give you the shortened version. Another truck came, and somehow got it out! AMAZING!!! So, the truck (and trailer) were able to drive out of the field (just as it was starting to rain I might add). BUT (you won't believe this) ... if you know anything about the roads in Haiti, they get very slick when it rains. SO ... as the truck is nicely driving back down the road from the toddler house, it loses control (due to very poor tires and likely poor brakes) and ends up not being able to make a corner, and drives right into a house. Yes, you just read that right! It drove INTO a house! Thankfully, this house was not occupied at the time, and was rather being used for cement storage. Craziness is all I can say! I have a picture, but for some reason it is not posting. I will keep trying, but maybe will have to wait till I get to another computer. The computer I'm using is NOT very up to date and speedy, so that may be why I can't post it. But, the picture really says it all!

A HUGE thanks to those of you who prayed for me the last couple weeks I was in Haiti - that I would get everything done, and that I would be feeling better. I got pretty much everything done that I wanted to, and ended up having a very good last night before leaving (I had wondered a week earlier if I would have to pull an all-nighter). I was also feeling a bit better the last couple days, and by now am feeling much better!

No comments: