Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One More Week!!!

I cannot believe that in 1 week, I am leaving for home! I am SOOOOOO excited. I would definitely not be as excited if I didn't know I was coming back in 3 weeks. But because I know I am, I don't have to worry about saying too many good-byes. I am a bit sad though, because I will miss seeing a few children leave with their forever families. I'm having a bit of a hard time with this idea. Having the parents come here and pick up the children really gives a sense of closure. The last little while consists of countless emails back and forth, and so it makes me really sad to think that I will not be able to meet the people who I email back and forth. Oh well, I would never leave if I had to be here for each parent that comes. A mother arrived today, and another family comes next week. Actually, there might be 2 families here next week.

Yesterday, I had "picture day" here at the main house. I wanted to get in one more "picture day" before I leave. This way, the families will still get their July pictures. I won't be sending out formal updates this month, but at least the families will still get their pictures. I'm sure that is the most important part anyway.

Today and tomorrow I am taking children for psych appointments in Petionville. I took 7 children today, and take another 7 tomorrow. One guy screamed the whole way down today because he was terrified of the vehicle. I felt so sorry for him. Hard to imagine, isn't it? Our children at home don't think twice about riding in a vehicle. But, for the children here, it is a big deal!

I am pleased to say that my desk has been looking much better since that last picture. The problem is though, that it doesn't take much and it could look exactly the same again. I refuse to go to bed at night with my desk looking like that, so regardless of how it looks at 10, it will NOT look like that at 11.

I'll try to write again before I leave for home. Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine you must be very excited about coming home. We are all excited to see you again! Wish I could go with you to the psych appts. (especially if you'd do the ice-cream stop) I almost feel like a parent waiting for some pictures too, however I know you are busy, so don't worry about me