


So, we had a very INTERESTING day yesterday! We had a container of stuff shipped to us from the States. It arrived in Haiti a few weeks ago, but it takes a while until it can be cleared, and till we've paid all the fees, etc. Well, yesterday was the day it was going to be "trucked" up to us. We got a lot of amazing stuff on it ... stuff that I am very excited about putting in the nursery. Apparently there was a box marked "LaDawn", but I have NO idea where it has ended up. Hopefully by the time I get back, someone will have found it. :o) I wasn't there when the truck arrived, and for the unloading (the pics are courtesy of someone else) as I was at home, sick in bed. But, I made it for the most exciting part - when the truck was leaving (or I should say attempting to leave). It had driven up into the yard, and was now backing down the road because everything was unloaded. As he begins to back, he turns too fast, and realizes he needs to straighten out again. Well, his clutch is really messed up, and he stalls. So, as a result of stalling, he looses his power steering/power brakes (ya, I'm not sure which one, but one of the two). He can't hold on, and starts to slide. Well, he gets the truck started again, and once again stalls ... resulting in him sliding a little further. To make a long story short, this happens a few more times, and next thing we know, the whole truck is in a pumpkin patch/corn field. We have NO idea how he will get out! If he would unpin the trailer, the trailer would just slide, and there is no way anyone could get both the truck and trailer out at the same time. Hmmm ... This is NOT a good situation, because if it rains, the truck will slide, and it is parked precariously on a rock ledge ... just above a house. A bit scary I must say ...
1 comment:
Hey you, just because your'e in Blumenort doesn't mean you don't have anything blogworthy ... don't you have a picture of a tractor or silo I can look at? :) R
Post a Comment