Friday, August 17, 2007

Security in Haiti





I have nothing to fear with these 2 around! Only problem is, Nicky hides behind Laurie's desk anytime a Haitian man walks into the house, and Penny refuses to leave her "bed" under the table in Dixie's office. But, they do stay pretty close to me in the evenings when I have to go outside all by myself at 11:15 to turn off the generator.
Side note - check out Nicky's tongue in the last picture! Ready to plant a big, juicy kiss on Penny's face. Penny isn't so sure about the whole idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! Those dogs are just a riot aren't they!

Do they still go rat hunting at times?

How's it going? Ready for some rain this weekend?

LaDawn said...

Not sure how much rat hunting they've been doing ... but they sure should be doing more! There are plenty around now adays!
The rain has already started. We're expecting a very wet weekend, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Nice...although it seems to me that there is one canine missing from these pictures! But I can understand that you probably want to keep your blog "G" rated! :)
And I'm very impressed at the closeness with Penny! You're very brave!!

LaDawn said...

Well Melissa, I'm not sure how much of a security asset Abby would be. Although, considering the fact that I wouldn't touch her, and you can see I have no problem touching the other two, maybe she'd be better security! :o) Penny and I are good buds ... even if she does growl at me sometimes. She really doesn't scare me, even if she'd like me to be scared sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I never even saw Penny when I was at GLA in June! She must have been sleeping the whole time. :-)

I was telling the story the other day of how Abby the dog came to be. I also told the listeners that I was sure the staff at GLA couldn't believe we wanted to name our daughter Abigail/Abby! Rest assured she was not named after a mangy haired little mutt. :-)