Sunday, August 19, 2007
We are fine!!!
Well, Hurricane Dean passed by us during the night. We had a lot of wind, but nothing too serious. I am very thankful we took the time yesterday to move everything inside because if we hadn't, I know we would have had a mess to clean up this morning. I am sleeping up in Laurie's room, while she is sleeping in her parents' room, and she has a small, covered balcony off of her room. Yesterday, I had moved everything inside except for a large wooden rocking chair, and a few plants. Well, this morning, the rocking chair was on its side. I had figured as much during the night, because I heard it moving around out on the balcony. We didn't actually get a lot of rain during the night, just a lot of wind. Today though, it has been raining off and on all day. I'm guessing by tomorrow, we will be back to our regular weather again. Thank you to those who were praying for us during the Hurricane. God certainly kept us safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So good to hear, LaDawn!
LADAWN!!! i thought you were in haiti again, and wondered what was going on!!! haha! that's awesome that you get to go back for a few weeks! i am hoping to go for 2 weeks in january... it kinda sucks having a real job when i want to be out there... :P we'll see what God has in store! i'm so excited that you got a job in michigan, that's awesome!! have fun while you're out there and kiss the babies for me :)
Post a Comment