Hi all! I am so happy to be writing this post from Haiti again! It feels like it has been awhile ... although, on the other hand, now that I'm here, it feels like I was never gone. It is SO great to be back. I had a pretty uneventful trip in, which is exactly how I like my trips. The only problems happened today, and really, they weren't that big a deal. Yesterday, I had flown till Miami, and then overnighted there. This morning, I left Miami for Port-au-Prince. We were about an hour late leaving, as one person didn't show up, and so we had to wait a while, and finally, they just took off the person's luggage, so we had to wait for that. Then when we got into Port-au-Prince, we waited well over an hour for our luggage. Apparently they couldn't get the luggage compartment open! :o) Never had that problem before! The wait seemed really long, but the whole time, I was just SO thankful the luggage area has air conditioning. Had we been waiting in the heat, I really think I might have passed out, because it definitely was hot and humid!!!!!
We hadn't told anyone I was coming, and so it was so awesome seeing the staff's surprised expressions when I walked into the house! I definitely felt very loved! One little girl, when I walked into the nursery, excitedly called out "LaDawn!" That just made me feel so happy to be back!
I had a chance to go over to the toddler house and see Nathalie right before supper. I think she was a bit confused by seeing me. It was as though she felt she knew me, and she willingly came to me when she saw me, but I don't think she quite knew why and how she knew me, which is a good thing, I think. I picked her up, and she snuggled right in, and stayed like that pretty much the whole time I held her. I got a couple smiles out of her, which made me so happy. I was a bit curious how she would do when I would give her back to one of the nannies. However, she was fine. It was so great to see her again! It will be great to hang out with her again sometimes. I won't overdo it though, but I can't help but hang out a bit!
I will try to keep you posted while I'm here!
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
dear Ladawn, that is so great to know that you are back in haiti for a while and to know also that you found a job exactly how you wanted it to be. I wish you the very best for all of this. Catherine
Hi LaDawn,
So that's why we the plane was delayed. Unfortunately, we were in the departures lounge during that looooong delay. We didn't pass out, but tempers got very short & the girls got cranky!
Janice Christian
Post a Comment