Sunday, November 18, 2007

Going to Michigan ...

(If you already got my email, this is just a repeat, so you might not want to read it all again.)

I thought it was time for a quick "LaDawn" update. The past week and a half has passed by me in a bit of a blur ... and I envision the next half week passing by in even more of a blur. After waiting since July, 1 1/2 weeks ago, I finally got the email I've been waiting for - I'M GOING TO MICHIGAN!!!!! For those who don't know what I'm talking about, and are wondering why I'm so excited about a trip to Michigan, let me explain. To begin with, it is more than just a trip. I am moving to Michigan, and will be working for Bethany Christian Services, one of the States's largest adoption agencies. I will be working in the International Adoption Department. I am not yet exactly sure which country programs I will all be working with; however, I do know that I will be working with their Haiti program, and for that, I am so excited! When I left GLA in Haiti at the end of June, I could really not envision myself doing anything other than adoptions. That is where my heart is, and so I am so excited about this opportunity that lies ahead for me. Having said that though, I must admit there is still one obstacle in my way ... the US border crossing. I could still be rejected at the border. However, I want to be very optimistic that everything will be fine. Bethany has a lawyer who has been working on my paperwork, and about 2 weeks ago, this lawyer went to the border crossing with my paperwork. She had the Immigration Officer look over my paperwork, and after studying it, he said he didn't see any problems. So, I am certainly praying I will hear the same thing on Friday when I cross the border.

I am leaving here on Thursday, and flying into London, Ontario. Then on Friday, I will be heading over to the Windsor/Detroit border crossing, where I will be presenting my paperwork.
It has been a long wait; however, I know that things happen when they are supposed to. God doesn't make mistakes with His timing, and so throughout the wait, I knew God was in control, and He would see this all to completion.

1 comment:

Cath said...

Congratulations !!!!
It's a very good news
Take care
Catherine and Mélomé Rose Flore