







This past weekend I was in Edmonton, where I had a GREAT time! I got there Friday afternoon ... after quite the ordeal at the Calgary airport. There was a security breach, and the whole WestJet terminal had to be cleared out. Our plane was actually just about to pull away from the gate (the flight attendants had already done their whole demonstration thingy). Well, we all had to get off (along with all other passengers already on planes), leave the terminal, and go back through security. They had shut the security doors while they cleared out the whole terminal. Serious stuff! So, needless to say, we were late getting into Edmonton. Thanks to my girls, Lois and Laurie, for being so patient and waiting for me!
I stayed with a family who was a part of a team that volunteered at GLA this summer. They were awesome hosts! Friday night, they had invited a bunch of people over that both Laurie and I knew. Had some fun playing SingStar (Amy's favorite!).
Saturday night was the fundraiser. I got to see so many people I knew. I saw 3 kids (I think) from the first time I was in Haiti back in 2001/2002, and then also a bunch from the past two years. As well, I got to meet many parents, and also previous GLA volunteers. What a great evening it was!
Sunday, we went to church in the morning, and then out for lunch with some friends. In the afternoon I got to go out for coffee with an adoptive parent who is still waiting for her adoption to be done. Then in the evening, the family that I stayed with invited some people over for a games night! Got to play "Ticket to ride" ... my new favorite game!
Then, Monday it was back home.
Thanks to all for a great weekend!
I stayed with a family who was a part of a team that volunteered at GLA this summer. They were awesome hosts! Friday night, they had invited a bunch of people over that both Laurie and I knew. Had some fun playing SingStar (Amy's favorite!).
Saturday night was the fundraiser. I got to see so many people I knew. I saw 3 kids (I think) from the first time I was in Haiti back in 2001/2002, and then also a bunch from the past two years. As well, I got to meet many parents, and also previous GLA volunteers. What a great evening it was!
Sunday, we went to church in the morning, and then out for lunch with some friends. In the afternoon I got to go out for coffee with an adoptive parent who is still waiting for her adoption to be done. Then in the evening, the family that I stayed with invited some people over for a games night! Got to play "Ticket to ride" ... my new favorite game!
Then, Monday it was back home.
Thanks to all for a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment