Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The big 3-0!


For those wondering if I celebrated my birthday today, I just thought I'd show you a bit of the action (although I'm not sure what the huge smile on my face was all about - I look a bit too happy about turning 30)! I got to pick the meal for supper, so I picked a very Haitian meal - tacos!!! (okay, so it is not at all Haitian, but it sure was good!) Then one of the volunteers made me a very yummy cake! I missed not having Melissa and Trish here to help me celebrate like last year, but it was still good! On a side note, I really think you two need to come back ... okay, so maybe you have other plans for your near future Trish, but you Melissa, you should come back!!! Anyway, it was a great day - a great way to start out this next year of my life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you live it day after day? I would have such a difficult time giving up children or watching them suffer. I am not sure I am made strong enough to handle it. Yet on that same note, what joy you must experience seeing a child go to a great home, just knowing that God is still ultimately in control and these children are taken care of no matter what. Your kids are absolutely gorgeous. If I had my way, I'd take one home every month. I think my husband would start to have a little problem with that. My prayer for you is that you will sense God's presence in your life at every stage of this particular journey you are currently on. God bless you LaDawn, Sheila Ginter

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday LaDawn. I'm glad everyone there was able to make it a special day for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Oh Ladawn...you don't know how hard it is to stay at home...even when I'm planning a wedding...I will have to convince Rene that it's a good idea for us to go together someday...

I am VERY jealous that Emily is going but so pumped for her and you. That's so awesome that she is going again!!

Love you lots!!

Trish