Friday, September 15, 2006

Party Time!!!





Today was our September Birthday Party! We had 11 children, celebrating their first up to fifth birthdays. I had baked a cake, and tried my hand at decorating it (ya, okay, decorating cakes is definitely not one of my hidden talents ... but the kids still liked it). A couple of the older boys apparently really liked the cake as they wanted more and more pieces. Three was the most we allowed though! One of the volunteers made birthday crowns for each of the children too. Everyone seemed to have a really good time - children and volunteers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ladawn! Wow. I haven't looked at your blog in awhile but I really really LOVE looking at your pictures and catching up on what's going on at GLA.
I miss all those kids so much! I will definately be praying for those 2 new girls. Wow...my heart aches.
I LOVE what you did for the September birthdays...so beautiful!! With the landscape in the background...that looks awesome!! Good job Ladawn....keep up the hard work!!

Trish.

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are great!! I always look forward to them. Sure enjoyed all the pictures. You amaze me with all the variety and work you put into picture day.
How sad to see how malnourished these 2 girls were, but what a blessing that GLA could take them in. Praying with you that they will do well.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about... you can't decorate cakes?! It looks amazing to me! It makes my attempt last month look pretty sad :) At least yours is higher than one inch!
I miss you all so much! Can't believe I was there a month ago!