Saturday, November 25, 2006

Terriot's Wedding


Today Terriot (the guy I work most closely with) got married. This was my first Haitian wedding, so I was really excited about going. It was a very nice wedding. It was very small though. Apparently not a usual Haitian wedding. Usually they are very large. However, this wedding was a very quick planned wedding, and pretty low-key all around, so likely that is why there were not more people there. There was nothing that was way different than North American weddings. A few differences, but nothing that really surprised me. Terriot's wife is Catholic, so the wedding was a Catholic wedding, in a very beautiful Catholic church. After the wedding, they had a reception up at Terriot's house in Kenscoff. We went for a bit, but didn't stay all that long. Let me tell you, the wedding cake was like none I have EVER seen. It was gorgeous! They also had little snack-like foods. Very delicious! I am very happy for Terriot and Lucienne, and wish them the Lord's richest blessings on their marriage!

No comments: