Saturday, December 09, 2006

In Holland ...

Hello from Holland!

We arrived about 1:30 local time. Wow, were we ever happy to arrive. Let's just say the flights were NOT good. One of our little travelers was the worst traveler I have ever traveled with. Pretty much, if she wasn't sleeping, she was crying and pulling a fit. Fun times! Wow, I sure was glad it was the two of us traveling with the girls, so at least we could trade off. Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to get her to sleep. One of us would hold her tight during take off (with her screaming and "fighting" the whole way), and then as soon the seatbelt sign went off, we immediately walked to the back of the airplane with her. She usually continued crying and fighting for a bit, but then eventually she would fall asleep. Yup, proved to be very interesting flights. I'm sure there were some very concerned passengers on the plane with this screaming child. I don't blame them one bit ... I was pretty concerned as well. But, we did survive. Sabine traveled very well, so at least we had no concerns with her. We had a lot of cameras (video and regular) waiting for us as we got out of the gate. Felt pretty important! :o)

I am now at Sabine's family's place. It was about a 1 1/2 hour drive from the airport in Amsterdam. As soon as we got here, they suggested I go and take a nap - of course, I didn't object. We just finished a great Chinese supper (they ordered in). Now, I am about ready to head back to bed. Sabine is doing amazing!!! She is talking, singing, dancing, playing ... doing everything great! She was a bit shy right at the start, but as soon as we got to the house, she really started opening up! She loves her parents and her older sister (she has a 1 1/2 years older sister from China). Her parents just took her up to her room for the night, and she said she was a bit hesitant to go to bed. However, I'm sure by now she is out. She only slept about 4 hours on the plane, so she was very tired by now too. Sabine's parents are super-nice! They speak perfect English, so communication is no problem! They are a lot of fun!

Well, that is a quick re-cap of my travels and first few hours here in Holland. I got some good pictures from our flights and in the airport, but I will not be able to post those until I get back. So, you'll have to wait a bit for them.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Even though it wasn't the most enjoyable flight I'm glad to hear you made it there safely. Praying that everything goes smoothly from here on.