Wow, I cannot believe it is already December! Where has 2006 gone? My next 3 weeks are going to absolutely fly by! I leave for home on the 21st. However before that, I am escorting 2 girls to Holland. One of the volunteers is going with me. We will each be spending a couple of days with one of the girls and her new family to give her some familiarity in her new home. It just is not fair to the child to just hand them over to complete strangers in the airport (some orphanages do this, and I think it is so disrespectful to the child). We will also be spending a couple days in Belgium. There is an adoption agency that would like to start working with GLA, and so Dixie thought it would be good for me to meet with them while I was in Europe. I have no problem with this! I am guessing we will be gone 1 week in total. Then when I get back, it will be a very few days before I leave for home. I am already a bit stressed about this time. I will try to get as much done this coming week as possible. Should be interesting ... I'm sure it will work out somehow. Some stuff just may not get done. Most places will likely be closed the week between Christmas and New Year's, so there shouldn't be too much waiting for me when I get back after Christmas.
I can't wait to see many of your over Christmas. I know the 1 1/2 weeks that I am home will go by very quickly, but it will be so good to be home again.
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi LaDawn: sounds like you'll be busy before you come home. Sure am looking forward to seeing you. Enjoy your trip to Europe!!
I really hope I get to see you when you're out here. Hopefully I'm not gone the whole time.
Tom, sorry, but I'm not making it out the Michigan way. Just Manitoba and Pennsylvania.
Hey Ladawn, love your blogs! First time I've been here. Your children are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! You are very welcome to bring a few home to me! :) Now that I know where to find you, (Lorisa told me), I'll keep checking up on you! Have a great Christmas.
Lilly Kornelsen
Post a Comment